CY7C65211 cyusbserial.dll library function CyI2cRead() length bug, errata?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
zist_3741556
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First like given

Hello,

I use latest version of cyusbserial.dll downloaded from http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/usb-serial-software-development-kit

My currently working setup is Win10 x64 and 2 versions of cyusbserial.dll

Selected is I2C communication.

Writing and reading works!

Logic analyzer

BUG:
Reading function CyI2cRead() reads more bytes than desired.

With latest library it reads 8+desired (example. when I want to read 1 byte, it reads 9 bytes)

See attached .zip file for contents.

DIFF:
There seems to be the difference between library versions. Older library reads 2 bytes when reading 1byte

INFO:

For further explanation I am more than happy to elaborate.

Kind regards,

Ziga

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

i know Linux implementation is Open Source.

Don't have working Linux setup, so I don't have time to debug *.so what is going wrong.

1 Solution

Hello Ziga,

The CY7C65211A part is pin to pin compatible with the CY7C65211 part and can be used with the CYUSB234 DVK.

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Ziga,

Please let me know the USB Serial part you are using?

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a similar problem with the CY7C65215.  Took forever to debug with Cypress support, but the problem finally turned out to be a bug in the firmware in the part:

Cypress External Response:201/18/2017 5:31 AM - Hemanth R

Hello Jay,  Apologies for the delay caused. I was unable to work on this case. The application which I have sent you was tested with Firmware version 2.0.3.112 Today I have tried with firmware version 1.0.0.73 and I am able to reproduce the issue. I found similar issue as seen in your case i.e 1.0.3.78 I will get back to you with the solution. Can you provide your Contact info so that I could have a call if required.  Thanks and Regards, Hemanth

They ended up sending me new firmware for the 7C65215 and I needed to re-program my part using a MiniProg3 (ironically the part can't be re-programmed over USB).  Once I did this the problem went away.

Unfortunately this took over a month to work out with Cypress support.  Good luck.

- Jay

Is CY7C65211A present on any of the development boards?

0 Likes

Hello Ziga,

The CY7C65211A part is pin to pin compatible with the CY7C65211 part and can be used with the CYUSB234 DVK.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes

So, no support about this issue for part that is still in active production?

Please put this issue in errata sheet, if it is a matter of loaded FW.

Is is then possible to explain how same hardware instance of cy7c65211 exhibits different responses when using different client side (PC) software libraries ?

Thank you,

Best regards, Ziga

A lot of discussion was internal, and won't post it here. Mainly they agreed to change FW and send it for a test. Now they are steering me in direction of part *A. BUT why when cy7c65211 is still in production, and errata does not say anything about this.

Hi Ziga,

As discussed internally, it is suitable to use the CY7C65211A part for your application which has the fix in the firmware for the issue and we will be updating the errata in the datasheet soon.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes