CY7C65211 Configuring Power Supply Vddd

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for a device which is able to work with 5V power supply and the CY7C65211 seems to meet this requirement. But in the dataheet is mentioned that it has to be configured: " Set and configure the correct voltage range using a configuration utility for VDDD. Default 3.3 V"

Unfortunately it is not described how this will happens, which tool to use and what will happen if this is still not done (for example at ther very first switsch on).

Hopefully someone can help me.

Best regards

Friedrich

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Friedrich,

-Yes, your assumptions are correct. If you check "VBUS voltage is 3.3 V", it means you are supplying VBUS as 3.3 V so the internal regulator is bypassed. Similarly, for VDDD, if you supply around 1.8 V, you need to bypass the internal regulator.

-If you do nothing, and VBUS is connected to VDDD, I/Os will work with 5 V.

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Sananya_14

Hello Friedrich,

Please refer to the Configuration Utility guide at C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\CYUSBS234 DVK\1.0\documentation\Cypress USB-Serial Configuration Utility User Guide and check the USB Descriptor and System Configuration section. The Configuration Utility tool has the option for bypassing the internal 3.3V (for VBUS) and 1.8V regulators (for VDDD) based on the power supply provided. If the proper configuration is not chosen, the device will not enumerate or work properly.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Sananya,

thank you for the fast Response. O.K got the document.

Am I right in the following assumptions:

- per Default the CY7C65211 is in 5V-Mode. Vddd an VBus is prepared for 5V, the internal Regulators are active.

- If I check "VBUS voltage is 3.3 V" the Regulator for VBUS is switched off

-If I check "VDDD voltage is less than 2 V" the internal Regulator is switched off and VDDD has to be lower 2V.

=> If I do nothing, the device is ready for running with 5V and the I/Os will also work with 5V.

Am I right?

Best regards

Friedrich

0 Likes
Sananya_14

Hello Friedrich,

-Yes, your assumptions are correct. If you check "VBUS voltage is 3.3 V", it means you are supplying VBUS as 3.3 V so the internal regulator is bypassed. Similarly, for VDDD, if you supply around 1.8 V, you need to bypass the internal regulator.

-If you do nothing, and VBUS is connected to VDDD, I/Os will work with 5 V.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

All questions answered! Thank you very much.

Best regards

Friedrich

0 Likes
tode_4603941
Level 1
Level 1

Can i set the VDDD volatage to 2.5V to run my i/o at that level to interface to 2.5V devices.  Datasheet seems to indicate this is possible with VDD range of 1.8v to 3.3v

0 Likes
Meghavi
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hi,

No, the voltage to the core can't be set to 2.5V. The LDO supplies 1.8V/3.3V to VDDD. But input supply voltage can be in any range between 1.71 V to 5.50 V as mentioned in the datasheet. If VBUS is 5V and it is connected to VDDD, I/Os will work with 5 V.

Regards

0 Likes