CY68013A works under High Speed but not Full Speed

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I am using CY68013A with FPGA for data acquisition. EP6 is configured as 16-bit SLAVE FIFO, synchronous, IFCLK=30MHZ. It works under high speed mode. However, it does not work under full speed mode. Any suggestion is highly appreciated.   
0 Likes
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

What is the issue that you are facing when using full speed?

is it not enumerating? or data trasnser is not happening?

Please provide more details.

Regards,

Vikas

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I use a USB2.0 isolator which only works at full speed. Everything seems OK except no data received from EP6 which is configured as bulk in quad.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Can you provide the Isolator details?

Are you connecting FX2LP based device on the other side of isolator?

Please share your FX2LP project.

Regards,

Vikas

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        The USB2.0 isolator is "USB2ISO". It works with my USB sound card. I wonder if I have missed some simply configuration or codes which are required to make the switching between high speed and full speed work.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

From the link http://www.saelig.com/MFR00151/UBUSB1001.htm it seems that it supports only Full speed.

I am not sure how it is working as High speed for you.

Are you connecting to full speed host?Which device you are connecting on the other side?

Your previous response doesn't give much information.

Regards,

Vikas

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        The computer side is a USB2.0 port. I have developed a USB data acquisition card which works with this USB2.0 port at high speed. However, when putting a USB isolator in between the computer USB2.0 port and the USB data acquisition card, the data acquisition card does not work. In particular, EP6 which is configured as a synchronous 16-bit SLAVE FIFO, 30MHz does not provide any data to PC. I understand that with the USB isolator, the data acquisition card should work at full speed instead of high speed. But shouldn't this be handled automatically by CY68013A?   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

FX2LP doesn't know about the isolator inbetwen. If you want it to work, make FX2LP to enumrate as full speed itself http://www.cypress.com/?id=4&rID=30776.

Regards,

Vikas.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Thanks, Vikas, it is settled.   
0 Likes