CX3 UVC project debugging on sensor register configuration

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
yaqi_4776616
Level 4
Level 4
50 sign-ins 25 replies posted 25 sign-ins

Hello
I am now debugging my uvc project and the first step is to make sure if my sensor is configured correctly, so where can I get the configuration data of the sensor's register while debugging and how do I need to set the debug information?
Please help me, thank you very much!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello Yaqi,

It seems that you have followed this KBA Steps to Setup up MIPI CSI Camera Solution with CX... - Cypress Developer Community  to generate this firmware. Please confirm

The cyu3imagesensor.c file is used to configure and control the image sensor. In this file, some structures are defined without a valid value. You need to replace these values with actual settings. These structures will configure the sensor with the sensor setting values that you have filled in these structures.

Generally used APIs such as CyCx3_ImageSensor_Init, CyCx3_ImageSensor_Sleep, CyCx3_ImageSensor_Wakeup, and CyCx3_ImageSensor_Trigger_Autofocus are also available the cyu3imagesensor.c and cyu3imagesensor.h files Add the corresponding codes into these definitions.

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

Please let me know which firmware are you using for your reference. Is it the CX3 example firmware from FX3 SDK?

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hello
I created the CX3 configuration myself

yaqi_4776616_0-1615336111091.png

This is the project that was generated after I set it up,Can you tell me in which file or api I can read the register value of the sensor and how to read it?

Best Regard,

Yaqi

0 Likes
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello Yaqi,

It seems that you have followed this KBA Steps to Setup up MIPI CSI Camera Solution with CX... - Cypress Developer Community  to generate this firmware. Please confirm

The cyu3imagesensor.c file is used to configure and control the image sensor. In this file, some structures are defined without a valid value. You need to replace these values with actual settings. These structures will configure the sensor with the sensor setting values that you have filled in these structures.

Generally used APIs such as CyCx3_ImageSensor_Init, CyCx3_ImageSensor_Sleep, CyCx3_ImageSensor_Wakeup, and CyCx3_ImageSensor_Trigger_Autofocus are also available the cyu3imagesensor.c and cyu3imagesensor.h files Add the corresponding codes into these definitions.

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes