USB HUB CY7C65640: How can I make it work with Windows 10? In Device Manager: device descriptor request failed

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GiGi_4669736
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all

I'm triyng using a SilverCrest USB hub. It worked very well in the past. Now I need a hub and I tried it, but in Windows 10 it isn't recognized. The device manager response is "device descriptor request failed". It should work with the simple usbhub.sys driver, but it doesn't. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but the response is the same...

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Gianluca from Roma, Italy

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Gianluca,

Please refer to the KBA- Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) Error on HX2VL - KBA223292​. Please let us know if you are getting the same error and if it persists after trying all the steps in the KBA.

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Gianluca,

Please refer to the KBA- Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) Error on HX2VL - KBA223292​. Please let us know if you are getting the same error and if it persists after trying all the steps in the KBA.

Best Regards,

Sananya

Hello Sananya

Thak you for your help. You told me to search for hardware problems, then I stopped looking for driver problems. I have re-done many solders (thanks to my work glasses! ), verified two capacitors (they were good) and now it works. To be honest, only two of four ports are working, and the chip gets very hot when I connect a device, but OK... For now I'm satisfied. I'll buy a new USB 3.0 hub for about 20€

Thanks!

Gianluca from Roma, Italy

0 Likes

Hello Gianluca,

Thank you for the update. If after fixing the hardware problems, the hub enumeration happens properly, you could check if the current configuration enables all the four ports on the hub.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes