CYUSB3326-88LTXI : Using the Blaster Plus with desktops

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KyLe_3407496
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Dear Support and Expert

We have been using CYUSB3326-88LTXI on our product with external EEPROM.

Using the "Blaster Plus" program, we update the firmware and done it normally with the desktop.
(we received CYUBS3326-88LTXI (HX3 REV *D SILICON) and update with "ihx3_revb_b7.bin".)

And now, we are trying to change the desktop that is download the firmware.

After we change the desktop, we can't use the "Blaster Plus" Program.
So, we tested with another desktop. But it also failed.

We tested with same board which mount CYUSB3326-88LTXI and the  same program, but test result was different.
(The desktops OS are not the same, but there are belonging with win7 or win 10.)

SOME SETTINGS HAVE TO BE CHANGED? or HOW WE CAN FIND THE ISSUE AND GET SOLUTION?

Please give me a advice. Thanks.

Lee.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the update. Since you used the same board in all three cases, I dont think its a hardware issue. Just to confirm, could you please try programming a HX3 DVK through any PC that doesnt recognize the hub on Blaster Plus?

Before opening Blaster Plus, please manually update the vendor driver corresponding to the OS and architecture (please refer to the driver path in my last response) and then check if its recognized correctly and allows firmware/configuration download. I have attached a guide for the manual binding on another device as reference, the same steps can be used for binding HX3 to the vendor driver.

Best Regards,
Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Sananya_14

Hi Lee,

Please provide the screenshot of Blaster Plus and device manager when you changed the host PC and were unable to download firmware. The hub would have to bound to the vendor driver for the respective OS which is present at the installation directory-<install directory>\Cypress\HX3 Blaster Plus\drivers before enabling firmware/configuration download on Blaster Plus. 

Please refer to the KBA for more details.

Best Regards,
Sananya

0 Likes
lock attach

Hello, Sananya.

I checkd your comments and screenshot of Blaster Plus and device manger in 3 conditions
which means that we tested 3 desktops. Please refer to attahed pdf file.

And as commented, we normally did download firmware without any problems. I confidently sure about the download method that we are doing is correct and that gave me as a hyper-link is almost same.
======================================================================================
Please provide the screenshot of Blaster Plus and device manager when you changed the host PC and were unable to download firmware. The hub would have to bound to the vendor driver for the respective OS which is present at the installation directory-<install directory>\Cypress\HX3 Blaster Plus\drivers before enabling firmware/configuration download on Blaster Plus. 

Please refer to the KBA for more details.
======================================================================================
If you need any data, capture and explanation is needed to give us solution, please ask it.

Thanks, Lee.

0 Likes
lock attach
Sananya_14

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the update. Since you used the same board in all three cases, I dont think its a hardware issue. Just to confirm, could you please try programming a HX3 DVK through any PC that doesnt recognize the hub on Blaster Plus?

Before opening Blaster Plus, please manually update the vendor driver corresponding to the OS and architecture (please refer to the driver path in my last response) and then check if its recognized correctly and allows firmware/configuration download. I have attached a guide for the manual binding on another device as reference, the same steps can be used for binding HX3 to the vendor driver.

Best Regards,
Sananya

0 Likes