CY7C65632 & CYUSB3064

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
DaNa_4760796
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hi,

In a design I need to connect a MIPI camera to CYUSB3064 for getting the USB3 signal out to the PC through a USB-C connector. I realize that the CYUSB3064 needs also USB2 signals, DM&DP. I also need the DM&DP to connect to my processor. Is attached schematics a possible way to go forward for these connections? Could someone see if having the USB2 signals through a HUB would be an issue?

/Thanks in Advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

In the schematic, please note that you are separating the USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 signals from CX3 as the USB 2.0 signal is going to be connected under the hub port and this could cause issues if CX3 falls back to USB 2.0 mode. Also, the USB 2.0 US signals from HX2VL and USB 3.0 signals from CX3 are connected together on the same port which isnt recommended.

Instead of this, could you please check if you can use a USB 3.0 hub such as HX3 after the Type-C connector? You could connect the CX3 USB 3.0 and 2.0 signals under one port and connect the USB 2.0 signals from your processor to another port. Please also let us know if the Type-C connector is a receptacle? In that case you would also have to take care of orientation detection and route the appropriate lines from the connector.

Best Regards,
Sananya

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

In the schematic, please note that you are separating the USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 signals from CX3 as the USB 2.0 signal is going to be connected under the hub port and this could cause issues if CX3 falls back to USB 2.0 mode. Also, the USB 2.0 US signals from HX2VL and USB 3.0 signals from CX3 are connected together on the same port which isnt recommended.

Instead of this, could you please check if you can use a USB 3.0 hub such as HX3 after the Type-C connector? You could connect the CX3 USB 3.0 and 2.0 signals under one port and connect the USB 2.0 signals from your processor to another port. Please also let us know if the Type-C connector is a receptacle? In that case you would also have to take care of orientation detection and route the appropriate lines from the connector.

Best Regards,
Sananya