CY7C65632/CY7C65642 28-QFN LED support.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Maksim
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello, everyone. 

I have to find a good and stable 4-port(at least now, in future maybe more ports will be necessary) USB HUB solution. I have payed attention to Cypress products, because development boards are available and it is possible to "play", before making PCB. The HUB should support LED indicators for downstream ports(LED should be on, when device is connected and active). 

So,  48-TQFP devices support LED indicators. But what about 28-QFN devices? I have not found information in datasheets. But what confuses me - circuits for CY4608/CY4608M boards show some LEDs, but LEDs are not soldered to boards (See pictures).

So, my question is: If I need LED support, can I use 28-QFN devices, or only 48-TQFP devices can be used?

Best regards,

Maksim.

LEDS.JPGBoard.JPG

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Maksim,

HX2VL, our USB 2.0 hub available for a maximum of 4 ports, does support LED indicators by default and you can refer to the KBA for the different colors indicating the modes.

The CY4608/CY4608M boards dont have indicator LEDs unlike the CY4607/C4607M boards (LED2-LED9) because the 28-pin QFN parts dont support LED indicators. The pins configured for the LED indicators are alternatively used for pin-strapping and both the features arent available on the 28-QFN parts due to limited number of pins. Please refer to Table 2 in the datasheet for more details, you could use the 48-TQFP parts if you require LED indicator support.

Best Regards,
Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Maksim,

HX2VL, our USB 2.0 hub available for a maximum of 4 ports, does support LED indicators by default and you can refer to the KBA for the different colors indicating the modes.

The CY4608/CY4608M boards dont have indicator LEDs unlike the CY4607/C4607M boards (LED2-LED9) because the 28-pin QFN parts dont support LED indicators. The pins configured for the LED indicators are alternatively used for pin-strapping and both the features arent available on the 28-QFN parts due to limited number of pins. Please refer to Table 2 in the datasheet for more details, you could use the 48-TQFP parts if you require LED indicator support.

Best Regards,
Sananya

0 Likes
Maksim
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Thank you very much for your reply. 

Best regards,

Maksim.

0 Likes