CY7C65213 UART to USB Controller

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm using the CY7C65213 to convert UART from a controller to a USB connector.

Question #1:  Do I connect TXD on  the CY7C65213 to the RXD on the UART controller and RXD on the CY7C65213 to the TXD on the UART controller?

Question #2:  If I provide external source 5V to the USB connector, can I connect both VCC and VCCIO on the CY7C65213 to 3.3V?

Thanks,

K

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi K,

1. Please connect the TXD from UART device to RXD of CY7C65213, the lines need to be swapped.

2. Both the pins can be connected to 3.3V but please make sure the internal 3.3V regulator is disabled using the USB-Serial Configuration Utility. Please refer to the Configuration Utility guide at <Install directory>\Cypress\USB-Serial SDK\documentation\Cypress USB-Serial Configuration Utility User Guide.pdf for more details.

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Sananya_14

Hi K,

1. Please connect the TXD from UART device to RXD of CY7C65213, the lines need to be swapped.

2. Both the pins can be connected to 3.3V but please make sure the internal 3.3V regulator is disabled using the USB-Serial Configuration Utility. Please refer to the Configuration Utility guide at <Install directory>\Cypress\USB-Serial SDK\documentation\Cypress USB-Serial Configuration Utility User Guide.pdf for more details.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sananya,

I'm confused.  I received two replies from you.  The answers on question #1 from the replies are opposite.  Please confirm the correct answer.

I connect the UART interface in my BMC to the CY7C65213 to convert to the USB interface and route it to a USB port.

Do I connect the TXD on the BMC to the RXD on the CY7C65213?

Similarly, connect the RXD on the BMC to the TXD on the CY7C65213?

Thank you,

K

0 Likes
Sananya_14

Hi K,

I wasn’t clear on your question, apologies for the confusion. Yes, your understanding is correct. You need to connect the RXD from your UART controller to TXD of CY7C65213 and TXD from your UART controller to RXD of CY7C65213.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sananya,

Thanks.  If I only use TXD and RXD on the CY7C65213, do I just leave other unused UART signals (DTR#, RTS#, RI#, DSR#, DCD#, CTS#) no-connect?

K

0 Likes
Sananya_14

Hi K,

Yes, the other unused lines can be left unconnected since the input pins CTS#, DCD#, DSR# have internal pull ups present.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes