CY7C6300 EZ Host Programm MSC_EEPROM_scan_LCP_v2.bin is Not working After uploading

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
EsPu_4745256
Level 1
Level 1

I have Uploaded the MSC_EEPROM_scan_LCP_v2.bin into 24LC512 EEPROM

But USB key Is Not Detecting to My Controller Please Guide me..

Regards

Eshwar P

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Eshwar,

1. Referring to Section - 'EEPROM Code' of AN15484, the GPIO25 stays high when BIOS is loading the code from EEPROM. After loading the code, GPIO25 is driven low. Do you see this happening? (At the same time you can also verify the I2C activity for confirmation about booting)

2. Before you connect the pendrive, if you perform Read memory operation over the SPI, you should see GPIO24 toggling if the SPI slave of EZ-Host is able to get the command from the processor. SPI protocol is also mentioned in the same application note. Can you please verify this?

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Hemanth

Hi Eshwar,

Can you please let me know from where did you take the image? And is EZ-Host in device mode? What is the configuration of GPIO 30 and 31? Please provide system block diagram.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes

Hi Hemanth

Thanks For your Replay

I found .bin file from Does anybody have file MSC_EEPROM_scan_LCP_v2.bin ? comunity Link.

This is My schematic I have uploaded MSC_EEPROM_scan_LCP_v2.bin(I found from cypress community Form) file But My CPU is nothing detected
Actually Evaluation code having GPIO24 and GPIO25 pin for raising interrupts .

Here this schematic having GPIO7 and GPIO25 is connected to SS pin
FYI
I uploading through External EEPROM Programmer.
Please guide me to how to solve issue.

1.What are the major modifications needed from Evaluation Program
2.From bash environment I am compiling is it compile correctly?

3. scanwrap have to do or not while programming through External EEPROM programmer
4.IF I  upload how can I detect BIOS is loading EEPROM firmware ?

Thanks and Regards

Eshwar P

cypress.PNG

0 Likes
Hemanth

Hi,

SW2 needs to be closed for the BIOS to load the code from EEPROM. You can take I2C trace to check if this is happening. scanwrap may not be required as it is mentioned in AN15484 to load the file to the EEPROM directly. I am not sure what you meant by compiling in Bash when .bin is available. GPIO 24 and 25 should be input to processor communicating over SPI. Can you please let me know if you have followed the AN15484 instructions to test the functionality?

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes

Hi,

I am closing SW2 and checking..

In GPIO24 and GPIO25 is used to interrupt the processor,

but here in My schematic GPIO7 pin is used ..Doesn't I have to change according to my schematic?

If I upload like that only  will it work?

Thanks and regards

Eshwar P

0 Likes
Hi Hemanth,

1.I have arranged the Hardware as per Evaluation Board

2.I have taken MSC_EEPROM_scan_LCP_v2.bin file from ..AN15484\Memory Stick Code CY4640\sbc\msc_api..location

3.I have uploaded using EEPROM Programmer and and connected SCL and SDA lines to cypress

4.According to program whenever pendrive is connected/removed from USB. A interrupt pulse should generated to GPIO25 pin. 

5.But I didnt find any pulse from GPIO25 pin Observed with CRO.  

Please guide me what will causes..Accroding to that I will check

Thanks and Regards
Eshwar P

0 Likes
Hemanth

Hi Eshwar,

1. Referring to Section - 'EEPROM Code' of AN15484, the GPIO25 stays high when BIOS is loading the code from EEPROM. After loading the code, GPIO25 is driven low. Do you see this happening? (At the same time you can also verify the I2C activity for confirmation about booting)

2. Before you connect the pendrive, if you perform Read memory operation over the SPI, you should see GPIO24 toggling if the SPI slave of EZ-Host is able to get the command from the processor. SPI protocol is also mentioned in the same application note. Can you please verify this?

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes