About pin strap-related questions for CYUSB3326-88LTXI

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WonjinHan
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor
50 questions asked 100 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Dears.

I have some questions about the pin strap-related for CYUSB3326-88LTXI.

If I configure the PIN STRAPT:63PIN as “No pin strapping : 0 ”

• I don’t want to use Pin 30,31,2 and 84, do I should leave them or connect them to ground ?
  • With the non-removable configuration : pin5, 6 , I want to set them up for that whole DS ports like DS1, DS2, DS3 and DS4 are non-removable. I wondering that is possible to do it and if not, would like you to tell me how to do it.

WoHa_955446_0-1627048763871.png

Thanks and regards,

KevinHan.

0 Likes
1 Solution
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Kevin,

>> Please refer to Table 4 in the HX3 datasheet regarding pin 31: PWR_SW_POL and Page 11 in the HX3 Hardware Design Guidelines regarding pins 30,2 and 84 in case pin-strap configuration is disabled.

"If pin-strap pin is also multiplexed as a port status LED indicator then that particular pin should be connected to VDD_IO or GND through a 10-kΩ resistor depending on the configuration. This will ensure that HX3 samples proper logic level (HIGH or LOW) on the pin-strap pins at power-on."

>> For setting all the ports as NON-REMOVABLE, you could use an EEPROM and then set each port individually. Kindly refer to Table 8: EEPROM MAP in HX3 datasheet.

Regards,

Mallika

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Kevin,

>> Please refer to Table 4 in the HX3 datasheet regarding pin 31: PWR_SW_POL and Page 11 in the HX3 Hardware Design Guidelines regarding pins 30,2 and 84 in case pin-strap configuration is disabled.

"If pin-strap pin is also multiplexed as a port status LED indicator then that particular pin should be connected to VDD_IO or GND through a 10-kΩ resistor depending on the configuration. This will ensure that HX3 samples proper logic level (HIGH or LOW) on the pin-strap pins at power-on."

>> For setting all the ports as NON-REMOVABLE, you could use an EEPROM and then set each port individually. Kindly refer to Table 8: EEPROM MAP in HX3 datasheet.

Regards,

Mallika

WonjinHan
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor
50 questions asked 100 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Hello Mallika.

Thank you for your prompt feedback. Your description is clear for me.

Best regards,

Kevin Han.

0 Likes