yoga c930 flasht the cypd4226 firmware(for yoga920),can't charging now

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
53gj_4745061
Level 1
Level 1

I flashed the cypd4226 firmware of yoga 920 by mistake. The problem now is that the two usb c ports cannot be charged. The original ac charger not work, and the pd charging not work either. Now the battery is exhausted, because it can't be charged, it can't be turned on, and the charging indicator hasn't been on from beginning to end. I know that all of this should be my fault, but I don't know what to do now. I hope professionals can provide me with some help, thanks! ! ! The following is the specific process: At first, everything was normal on the computer. Later, I bought a USB C converter and it couldn't output HDMI normally. So after searching on Google, some people said that Yoga 920 is similar. I downloaded the upgrade firmware (pd 1.3) of cypd4226 according to the post, and an accident happened after flashing the firmware.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Could you please try replacing the battery on another Lenovo Yoga 930 PC and allow it to be charged? If the battery is working and PC turns on, then please try updating the default firmware for CCG4 using the same utility. 

If you have a PD analyzer such as CY4500, you could use it to check if there is any PD communication on either of the ports when you connect a charger.

Regarding replacement of the CCG4, you will have to check with Lenovo. However, if the bootloader is fine, I think only firmware update to CCG4 should fix the issue.

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Could you please share the details of how you flashed the firmware? Did you use any Lenovo specific tool as per the post? Please also kindly attach cc logs using an analyzer when you connect the PD charger on the Type-C ports.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes

First of all, thank you very much for your reply.  Originally everything was normal on the computer. I downloaded the cypd4226 firmware (pd firmware 1.3) from the driver page of Lenovo's official yoga 920. After flashing, the two type c ports are invalid and no charging can be performed, including ac adapter and pd charging.  I don’t have tools to test current. I want to replace the cypd4226 40LQXI chip. Is this possible?  Whether to flash the firmware.  Now that the computer cannot be turned on, I am very anxious.

0 Likes

Hello,

Could you please try replacing the battery on another Lenovo Yoga 930 PC and allow it to be charged? If the battery is working and PC turns on, then please try updating the default firmware for CCG4 using the same utility. 

If you have a PD analyzer such as CY4500, you could use it to check if there is any PD communication on either of the ports when you connect a charger.

Regarding replacement of the CCG4, you will have to check with Lenovo. However, if the bootloader is fine, I think only firmware update to CCG4 should fix the issue.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes