it is possible power sdk on CYPD3175 - run with any RTOS

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Geromino
Level 5
Level 5
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hi ,

it is possible  add    custom task  to  power sdk (  stack )  ?

it  is possible  run RTOS  with power sdk ( stack )

my  question  above   is   because   in my application  i want  build  task  which will be  mgmt    data  transmit  and receive   from I2C  master  ?   any for suggestion  or recommendation   design  with power sdk

0 Likes
1 Solution
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Please note that RTOS cannot be added in Power SDK.

CCG3PA does not have flash to include RTOS.

Best Regards,

Mallika

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
MallikaK_22

Hi,

The custom tasks can be implemented in the application layer provided you have flash available. However, it can't be added to the PD stack since the USB-PD stack is in the form of a pre-compiled library.

Similarly, RTOS can also not be added in the PD stack.

Can you please elaborate on your requirements and why would you like to add it in the stack?

Best Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes

I have 2 units of cypd3175   one slave and one master

I want run task slave in one unit with queue of requested and task master on other unit I want sync with power sdk

Any advice

0 Likes
MallikaK_22

Hi,

Please note that RTOS cannot be added in Power SDK.

CCG3PA does not have flash to include RTOS.

Best Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes

Free rtos size is 6-12 KB size  it could be run on cortex m0

0 Likes

Hi!

Not sure about the PowerSDK, but in the Host SDK you have I2C master and slave code examples, I think you should be able to re-use some of that code and a free I2c block in the 24-pin version. Our only experience has been that on CCG4 there is very little free memory so we can't use the full SCB block. Look at the I2C implementation for controllering the alt-mode mux in the code base that Cypress has made.

Trying to add a third-party RTOS is not the way to go.

Cheers

Olof

0 Likes

could  me send  path   to project  in host SDK   where  i could see how implement I2C  in app callback  it will be very helpful

could  you  sign  one of the projects  

pastedImage_0.png

it is very important  to me  implement i2c with callback  otherwise  i2c  takes  all CPU therefor  USBC-PD  does not operate correctly

0 Likes

Hi!

Check file datamux_ctrl.c,     

PS8740_I2C_Read

PS8740_I2C_Write

plus some init and timeout functions. This is I2C master functions.

You also need to add the I2C block in the TopDesign.

/O

0 Likes

thanks  for the info but  my  issue  is :  I2C  slave

in my application i need  implement  I2C   slave   and  I2C  Master    for the  master  i am familiar  with  examples like  PS8740_I2C_Read PS8740_I2C_Write   i will  implement in this way  but  all issue begin  challenge to implement I2C  slave  in order   not use full SCB block additional to I2C master     so    i  am looking  for   example  with  I2C salve   similar  architecture  like PS8740  

0 Likes

i didnt find  PS8740_I2C_Read    in whole  host sdk  could you provide path   for this example

0 Likes