iPSoC Creator 4.4 - dual-application bootloadable: cyelftool -M fails

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
apfel
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hi to all,

right now I try to get the hang on the PSoC creator but I'm stuck at an issue. I use the CYPD5126-40LQXI_notebook example and as long as I use the "dummy_boot" bootloader to link all works fine. However, if I use the "i2c_boot_3_2_1_56_0_0_0_nb" bootloader (a dual application bootloader) the code generation fails once "cyelftool -M" is called to "m"erge both copies of the firmware into one hex file because both versions "overlap".
I think the root cause is the invocation of "cyelftool -B" beforehand for both copies of the firmware, both with "--flash_offset 0x00000000" which, by my guess, places both firmware copies right at the start of the flash ROM (and doesn't even account for the bootloader which should reside there).

I hope I just forgot to set an offset somewhere either in a header file or a setting but I can't find it.

Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pranava_YN
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Please refer Sections 4.3.2 Bootloader selection and 5.4 Flash Memory Map in the SDK Guide to know the details on bootloader placement in the flash - https://www.cypress.com/file/415131/download

Are you trying to add bootloader to the primary firmware bootloadable component?

Best regards,
Pranava

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Pranava_YN
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Please refer Sections 4.3.2 Bootloader selection and 5.4 Flash Memory Map in the SDK Guide to know the details on bootloader placement in the flash - https://www.cypress.com/file/415131/download

Are you trying to add bootloader to the primary firmware bootloadable component?

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes
apfel
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

No, right now I just try to understand the reference firmware and the interaction between the different Projects. And the CCG5 SDK guide you pointed me to seems to be the link I was missing. Thanks a lot!

0 Likes