i2c General Call Address CYPD3175

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Geromino
Level 5
Level 5
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

does CYPD3175   power SDK   I2C  SCB  block   support i2c General Call Address  ?

i didn't find any reference  to general  call i2c  https://www.cypress.com/file/175671/download 

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi ,

CYPD3175 power SDK I2C SCB block supports I2C General Call Address, the way to set the address is below:

pastedImage_1.png

Best Regards,

LisapastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
ShifangZ_26

Hi ,

Are you looking for the API I2C_SlaveSetAddress()?

If no, could you please kindly clarify what's specified of i2c General Call Address.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

3.2.10General call address

The general call address is for addressing every device connected to the I2C-bus at the same time. However, if a device does not need any of the data supplied within the general call structure, it can ignore this address. If a device does require data from a general call address, it behaves as a slave-receiver. The master does not actually know how many devices are responsive to the general call. The second and following bytes are received by every slave-receiver capable of handling this data. A slave that cannot process one of these bytes must ignore it. The meaning of the general call address is always specified in the second byte (see Figure 30).

See I2c spec

https://www.i2c-bus.org/specification/

0 Likes

any response  this  question   ???

0 Likes

i send you definition to general call   could you reply please ?

0 Likes

any  respones  to my question  is already past  almost 3 weeks  could you reply ?

0 Likes
ShifangZ_26

Hi ,

CYPD3175 power SDK I2C SCB block supports I2C General Call Address, the way to set the address is below:

pastedImage_1.png

Best Regards,

LisapastedImage_1.png

0 Likes