Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB EZ-PD Type-C

NiMc_4245981
New Contributor II

I'm developing a product that will use the CYPD4225 chip.  Initially I am using the CY4541 evaluation kit.  I can't find the firmware source to start from.  I have the following installed, according to Cypress Update Manager.

CY4541 EZ-PD CCG4 EVK 1.0 Rev. *A

EZ-PD CCGx Host SDK 3.3

EZ-PD Configuration Utility 1.1

PSoC Programmer 3.28.4

PSoC Creator 4.2

When I search for examples that use CCG4 in PSoC Creator, none are found.  I've searched the hard disk and the closest I've found is a firmware from the CYPD4226, which doesn't work.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-PD CCGx Host SDK\CCGx\Firmware\projects\CYPD4226-40LQXI_notebook

0 Likes
1 Solution
YiZ_31

Hi,

You can find  CYPD4225-40LQXI_notebook in the CCGx SDK:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-pd-sdk-v302-ccg2-all-applications-ccg3...

The firmware version in the SDK is up to date.

Regards,
Eddie

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
YiZ_31

Hi,

You can find  CYPD4225-40LQXI_notebook in the CCGx SDK:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-pd-sdk-v302-ccg2-all-applications-ccg3...

The firmware version in the SDK is up to date.

Regards,
Eddie

View solution in original post

0 Likes
NiMc_4245981
New Contributor II

I had some errors when I built this using PSoC 4.2

lto1.exe: fatal error: bytecode stream generated with LTO version 3.0 instead of the expected 4.1

I got rid of this error by turning off CCG_HPI_ENABLE and CCG_HPI_PD_ENABLE.  I don't plan on using HPI, so I'm just leaving this here as a note in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

ERROR: No interrupt vector

I switched to the "noboot" project which does not have this error.  I would like to use the bootloader eventually, so I'm still looking for a fix to this issue.

0 Likes
YiZ_31

Hi,

It is recommended to compile CCGx SDK projects  with ARM MDK:

MDK Version 5

The location for binaries in the toolchain is "Keil_v5\ARM\ARMCC\bin"

Regards,
Eddie

0 Likes
NiMc_4245981
New Contributor II

I was able to get the bootloader version to work by adding the following line to the .ld scripts.

EXTERN(CyRamVectors)

0 Likes