Where is definition the function dpm_start() ?

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NaMe_2085021
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hi everyone,

I use in my project CYPD3120-40LQXI_dp_dongle SDK.

When I connect my PC to the board, the MOSFETs open. I want to disable it.

The function is responsible for this dpm_start(), but I could not find where it is determined.

I will be grateful for any help.

Best regards,

Nazar

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Nazar,

The DPM state machine functions including dpm_start() are part of the stack and defined in the pre-compiled library so the source isnt available in the SDK.

Please refer to the summary of the functions in dpm.h header file as well as Table 18 in the CCGx_FW_UserGuide. The dpm_start() is called in main() and is used to start the PD state machine for the port.

I couldnt understand what you meant by "The function is responsible for this dpm_start()"? To disable or enable your MOSFETs, you could use the vbus_fet_on() and vbus_fet_off() functions defined in psource.c file, which are called based on the app callback received from the DPM stack.

Best Regards,
Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Nazar,

The DPM state machine functions including dpm_start() are part of the stack and defined in the pre-compiled library so the source isnt available in the SDK.

Please refer to the summary of the functions in dpm.h header file as well as Table 18 in the CCGx_FW_UserGuide. The dpm_start() is called in main() and is used to start the PD state machine for the port.

I couldnt understand what you meant by "The function is responsible for this dpm_start()"? To disable or enable your MOSFETs, you could use the vbus_fet_on() and vbus_fet_off() functions defined in psource.c file, which are called based on the app callback received from the DPM stack.

Best Regards,
Sananya

0 Likes