What is required for PSoC Creator 4.x to support CCG parts?

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GrCa_1363456
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received Beta tester First comment on KBA

Attempting to run examples for CCG4 components results in linker failures.

Advice on community has been to use PSoC Creator 3.x.

When will a fix for these issues be available?

Reference:

Greg

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Greg,

I would strongly recommend you use PSoC Creator 3.3 for SDK 3.0.2 firmware build.

1. There is no work around if you want to use code example from SDK3.0.2. The lto-wrapper error is because of pre-lib of CCGx firmware. What's pre-lib files of CCGx firmware, you could refer below define.

pastedImage_0.png

2. If you want insist to use PSoC Creator 4.3, below way may be work (Please kindly notice that this is not full validated.)

a. Using code example of CCGx Host SDK.

b. Change the project from PD3.0 to PD2.0 as per SDK user guide. Refer below information:

pastedImage_1.png

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Greg,

This is not issue, it is user error.

If you are new created project based on CCGx power SDK (https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-pd-ccgx-power-software-development-kit )  or CCGx Host SDK (https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-pd-host-software-development-kit ), you could use PSoC Creator 4.2 to develop it.

If you are new created project based on CCGx SDK v302 (https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-pd-sdk-v302-ccg2-all-applications-ccg3... ), you have to use PSoC Creator 3.3 or 4.0.

The reason is the PSoC Creator have changed gcc compiler version from 4.0 to 4.1, 4.2. And CCGx library is pre-build based on the gcc compiler version or MDK compiler. If the build IDE have difference version, the error will be occurred.

Since CCGx SDK v302 is supporting the project based on CCG2, CCG3 (part of part number, CYPD3120, CYPD3123) , and CCG4 (part of part number, CYPD4125, CYPD4225) . Those part numbers CCG2, CYPD4125, CYPD4225 is for PD2.0 device, it will not be update the SDK any more. The part number of CCG3 firmware, the update firmware is ready, you could get it from local FAE or contact Cypress support Team.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Lisa,

Is there a work-around for the lto-wrapper error?

Am I doing something wrong?

...in my process? (see attached)

...in my setup?

I'm seeing three of each of several examples.

I appear to have SDK 3.0.2 loaded. (again, see attached).

Do I need to clear previous SDKs before loading new ones?

Greg

0 Likes

Hi Greg,

I would strongly recommend you use PSoC Creator 3.3 for SDK 3.0.2 firmware build.

1. There is no work around if you want to use code example from SDK3.0.2. The lto-wrapper error is because of pre-lib of CCGx firmware. What's pre-lib files of CCGx firmware, you could refer below define.

pastedImage_0.png

2. If you want insist to use PSoC Creator 4.3, below way may be work (Please kindly notice that this is not full validated.)

a. Using code example of CCGx Host SDK.

b. Change the project from PD3.0 to PD2.0 as per SDK user guide. Refer below information:

pastedImage_1.png

Best Regards,

Lisa