Unable to program using EZ-PD configuration utility

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiMo_4023676
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First solution authored

Hello all,

I have been unable to flash the .cyacd firmware file to the CCG3PA using the EZ-PD configuration utility. From the log below it looks like the problem is that I get "No response to GET_MODE_VDM. Everything up to that point seems OK.

Does anyone know what this error message means? I'm guessing it is something in my FW configuration. But I can't find it.

thanks in advance -m

Entered flashing mode successfully.

1 HID devices found.

2 USB-Serial Bridge devices found.

Flashing device is UFP, initiating DR_SWAP

DR Swap Successful

PD contract established.

Device Discovery completed.

PD contract established.

Restarting the target device

Re-negotiating PD contract after switching target reset

Flashing device is UFP, initiating DR_SWAP

DR Swap Successful

PD contract established.

Error: No response to GET_MODE VDM

Error: Flash update procedure failed

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi ,

CCG3PA CC bootloader is similar process of Alternate Mode. After power negotiation,  DFP will check some information which defined by Cypress CC bootloader. From the message you shows up, the response of GET_MODE VDM is not acked. I would like to recommend you:

1. Check whether the Firmware on CCG4 (CY4532 base board) is correct.

2. Make sure CCG3PA have correct power output (5V on VBUS) with bootloader mode.

3. Make sure the #define CCG_BOOT_LOADER_LAST_ROW  is not changed. If you have changed, you need make sure the Bootloader project and application project have same value.

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi ,

CCG3PA CC bootloader is similar process of Alternate Mode. After power negotiation,  DFP will check some information which defined by Cypress CC bootloader. From the message you shows up, the response of GET_MODE VDM is not acked. I would like to recommend you:

1. Check whether the Firmware on CCG4 (CY4532 base board) is correct.

2. Make sure CCG3PA have correct power output (5V on VBUS) with bootloader mode.

3. Make sure the #define CCG_BOOT_LOADER_LAST_ROW  is not changed. If you have changed, you need make sure the Bootloader project and application project have same value.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

Hi, thanks.

Where do I find the #define CCG_BOOT_LOADER_LAST_ROW?

Also, where is the bootloader project referenced in the application project?

thanks,

m

0 Likes

Hi m,

I am not sure which firmware example project you are referring to. But all of CCG3PA firmware structure is same, for example, you opened firmware project - CYPD3175-24LQXQ_pa_direct_fb with PSoC Creator IDE (PSoC Creator 4.2).

pastedImage_0.png

The firmware structure is:

CC bootloader project -- cc_src_boot

Application project -- CYPD3175-24LQXQ_pa_direct_fb

The #define CCG_BOOT_LOADER_LAST_ROW is defined in the project as below:

pastedImage_1.png

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes