USB Type C PD-CCG1

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SrA_1534401
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

For one of the application we are planning to use CCG1 as a Power delivery. My question is does the functionality of switching (Vsel1 and Vsel2) between the voltages inbuilt to the controller or do we have to switch some internal mux or control the Vsel1 and Vsel2.

BR,

Sreekanth

0 Likes
7 Replies
prc_1505996
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Sreekanth,

Firmware will take care of VSEL switching.

Thanks
Prajith

0 Likes

Hi Prajith,

Thanks for the response.

So if I am using Type C_CCG1 as PD then I don't have to control the VSEL switching. We can directly assemble the IC on the board and it starts working.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

BR,

Sreekanth

0 Likes
prc_1505996
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Sreekanth,

VSEL lines are Output Digital IOs for controlling the VBUS voltage level based on PD contract. For example,

VSEL1 VSEL2    VBUS

0              0              5V

0               1             12V

1              0             15V

1              1             20V

VSEL lines are controlled by the FW inside it, you do not have to do anything on the chip (provided factory programmed FW meets ur requirements ). Please check with Cy Tech support on the factory programmed FW details.

Thanks
Prajith

0 Likes

Hi Prajith,

In our requirement we are using Type C CCG1 only for PD and not using any other functionality so the I guess the factory programmed FW will meet our requirement.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

BR,

Sreekanth

0 Likes

Hi Sreekanth,

It depends on the power profile of your device. Please check with Cy Tech team whether default FW can meet ur power profile.

Thanks

0 Likes
SrA_1534401
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Prajith,

Thanks for the response. I will check with Cy tech team.

BR,

Sreekanth

0 Likes
prc_1505996
Level 4
Level 4
0 Likes