USB-C cable that can be used instead of EMCA board with CCGXX

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

Need to know, what criteria one has to consider to pick USB-C cable that will carry alternate mode data ie DP,USB 2.0 and PD(12V /3.0A).

I want to use with CCGXX(Gen2) kit instead of EMCA board. This data will help to understand how in market cable are floating and factor that need to be consider.

As i see most of them are meant for charging used with Mobile.

Thank you,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Arun,

Q. what factors do I need to take care to pick USB-C cable of the shelf from market.

A: The factors is: If your design need support current upper than 3A. Or If your design need support Alt Mode.

Q. WIth CCG1 kit instead of using EMCA board between Host and Client can I use USB-C cable available in market.

A: You can use the USB-C cable which is include E-marker inside. Not all of USB-C cable available in the market have include E-marker.

Best Regards,

Lisa 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Arun,

1. For your requirements, only Alternate Mode support need E-Marker cable, if you are designing a Type-C receptacle products.

2. You could save the cable if you are designing a Type-C captive cable on the products. Which is means there a Type-C plug with cable on your products.

3. If you just want to instead of EMCA board and design a Type-C plug to Type-C plug cable with Cypress kit. There are no kit can suit for you. Since all of Cypress Type-C kits use Type-C receptacle.

I may misunderstood your requirements, please kindly supply block diagram to us if you have details requirements.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Still I am not clear about point 2 and 3 that you mentioned.

Product on either side of USB-C cable is desinging from myside to have PD+DP+USB 2.0. so my question is what factors do I need to take care to pick USB-C cable of the shelf from market.

WIth CCG1 kit instead of using EMCA board between Host and Client can I use USB-C cable available in market.

Thank you,

0 Likes

Hi Arun,

Q. what factors do I need to take care to pick USB-C cable of the shelf from market.

A: The factors is: If your design need support current upper than 3A. Or If your design need support Alt Mode.

Q. WIth CCG1 kit instead of using EMCA board between Host and Client can I use USB-C cable available in market.

A: You can use the USB-C cable which is include E-marker inside. Not all of USB-C cable available in the market have include E-marker.

Best Regards,

Lisa 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I noted your guidelines. Since in my design both side(DFP,UFP) support PD+ALT Mode i need to make sure EMCA marked cable to be used.

Also tried to use USB-C EMCA cable from shelf and its working with CCG1 kit(Host and Client)

Thank you,

0 Likes