UART configuration on CY6611 EZ-USB® HX3PD Evaluation Kit (EVK)

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Nilu
Level 1
Level 1
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins

Hi there,

I am currently using CY6611 EZ-USB® HX3PD Evaluation Kit (EVK) to develop a USB hub. I need to integrate a USB to TTL converter in my final circuit. I wonder if I can use UART from HX3PD for this purpose and interface with US port on CY6611 EZ-USB® HX3PD Evaluation Kit (EVK). If so, would you provide some information about this configuration.

Thanks,

Nilu

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Nilu,

You could add the USB to UART converter under any of the DS ports such as DS4-DS7 and have it enumerate under the hub on the host. If you want to use any of the GPIOs of HX3PD and connect it to the UART block, you will have to modify the firmware. Please note that we currently dont have any example for this, you can refer to the HX3PD firmware from Dock SDK and customize it.

Best Regards,
Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Nilu,

You could add the USB to UART converter under any of the DS ports such as DS4-DS7 and have it enumerate under the hub on the host. If you want to use any of the GPIOs of HX3PD and connect it to the UART block, you will have to modify the firmware. Please note that we currently dont have any example for this, you can refer to the HX3PD firmware from Dock SDK and customize it.

Best Regards,
Sananya

0 Likes