Thermal Resistance(from junction to case) for HX3PD USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C Hub with PD

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Ariel_Sun
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

I am the thermal engineer from Bizlink, and we have used "HX3PD" in our project.
while we need to know thermal resistance (from junction to case) for this component, and we did not find this value in datasheet, could you help to provide ?

I have got this component's datasheet from the agent, this datasheet is revised June 14, 2019, and document Number is 002-16615 Rev. *F 
I  also download the this component datasheet from infineon website, this datasheet is  revised March 19, 2021, and Document Number is  002-16615 Rev. *I 

Both of them did not include thermal resistance information,you can find this two version in attachment.

Thank you for your help.
0 Likes
1 Solution
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hello ,

Currently, the value is not documented. Please kindly contact local FAE/Sales with this question. 

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hello ,

Currently, the value is not documented. Please kindly contact local FAE/Sales with this question. 

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

Hello,

Actually, we already contact the local sales for this question, but they reply that Rjc=50°C/w, Rja=34°C/w. This value seems not normal, as we know Rja=Rjc+Rca, that means Rja should bigger than Rjc. We try to communicate with the local sales to clarify our doubt, while we did not got reasonable explanation for this, that why we want to contact with infineon directly.

By the way, we want to know when this vale(Rjc) will be documented in datasheet? this value is important for our thermal engineer, we really care about this.

In addition, the reason why we want to know Rjc is we need to use Rjc to calculate this IC Tcase spec, if you have this IC's Tcase spec please do not hesitate to tell us, that will be a great help!

0 Likes