Recommendations to Build prototype from Reference Designs

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GrCa_1363456
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received Beta tester First comment on KBA

I've had requests from designers wanting physical versions of reference designs that Cypress has created to demonstrate capabilities. I haven't yet had enough requests for any one specific reference design to justify a mass build.

If you've built a prototype from one of Cypress' Reference Designs, please share your experience with the community on this thread.

Reference Designs for USB Type-C and Power Delivery are captured under the "Reference Designs" tab @ https://www.cypress.com/products/usb-type-c-and-power-delivery

Greg

0 Likes
3 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Greg,

The reference design we shared on the website is the reference design which can buy it from the partners (DC/DC vendor) or customer project after passed USB-IF compliance test.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

Lisa,

Can you share contact information for the specific contractor who produced the physical prototypes that Cypress built?

Will Cypress allow those contractors to quote and build additional quantities of any individual reference design?

I understand the prototypes produced may have required rework before they were fully functional and that rework may not have been fully documented or incorporated back into the design.

I'm asking for contractor information on the chance that the contractor may find value in building more prototypes either with or without any required re-work.

Greg

0 Likes

Hi Greg,

We don’t have the contact information for the contractors. But once you identified a specific prototype reference design, you may try to find the contractor contact information from their website, in case you don’t get response from them, you can contact your local Cypress office for help.

I don’t see Cypress would reject those contractors to quote and build additional quantities, but it should be case by case indeed.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes