Reading RES_CAUSE register?

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
JoLo_4180566
Level 2
Level 2

I am having trouble with reading the RES_CAUSE register on a CYPD3175 (CCG3PA) using PSOC Creator version 4.2. PSOC Creator uses a roundabout way to get to the registers compared to other IDEs that expose the register set for you. The only registers that are shown are the ARM registers in the register debug window.

When I get the memory address from cydevice_trm.h, I see that the RES_CAUSE register is located at 0x40030054. When I open the memory debug window, this address shows up with ## as the value. Not sure that this means. I've attached a screenshot.

I believe that I am getting a reset but want to check against this register to see if I really am and what the cause might be.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

The RES_CAUSE register cannot be read when the program is running. Please try assigning the register value to a different variable and then reading it.

pastedImage_0.png

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

The RES_CAUSE register cannot be read when the program is running. Please try assigning the register value to a different variable and then reading it.

pastedImage_0.png

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes