Question for P_CTRL_FET in CCG3PA

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mafic_3989141
Level 2
Level 2

I'm noticing that on the developer board CY4532 in Powerbank configuration the P_CTRL_FET line is disconnected from the drawing you sent me recoverable some time ago at this link

https://community.cypress.com/community/usb/ez-pd-type-c-usb/blog/2019/03/15/cy4532-power-bank-firmw... drp-design

Why is he disconnected? What should I take into consideration?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi ,

CY4532 do not use two separately path for provider and consumer path. It is only use VBUS_C_CTRL for power bank of Type-C port's provider and consumer path. You could see the VBUS_C is short to VBUS_P on power board.

pastedImage_0.png

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi,

The Blog is sharing the firmware example for single C port. I am not understand your question about P_CTRL_FET line is disconnected from the drawing you sent me? It seems your question is based on Hardware schematic? Could you please kindly specify it?

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

Below the image shows what I meant ... in the blog example P_CTRL is interconnected while in the schematic of the developer board CY4532 it is disconnected by default. Can you give me a clarification on this?

schematic-without-USB-A-problema-ctrlP.jpgp_ctrl_evk.jpg

0 Likes

any news? Please

0 Likes

Hi ,

CY4532 do not use two separately path for provider and consumer path. It is only use VBUS_C_CTRL for power bank of Type-C port's provider and consumer path. You could see the VBUS_C is short to VBUS_P on power board.

pastedImage_0.png

Best Regards,

Lisa

Thank you very much!

So is it advisable to use both consumer and provider fet or use only one?

0 Likes

Hi ,

it is advisable to use both consumer and provider fet.

It is okay and verified to use only one path if the DC/DC have capabilities to configure the direction - Charging or Discharge. If you select this way, VBUS_C_CTRL is the recommended control pin.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes