Question about using POWER-Z KT001 to test CCG3PA

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NiLi_2861801
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

Hi,

CYPD3171-24LQXQ, choose "Apple 2.4A enable" YES in Configuration Utility.

Then, When I use Power-z KT001 auto enumerate charging protocol, or test Apple 2.4A, VBUS will always down for nearly 200ms.  Why?

Thanks.

/*

* VBUS shall be disabled in this state only if:

* 1) TYPE-C port entered legacy charging mode from PD state.

* 2) Apple charging selected.

*/

if (((bc_stat->connected == false) && (cport == TYPEC_PORT_0_IDX)) ||

((pd_get_ptr_chg_cfg_tbl(cport)->src_sel & BC_SRC_APPLE_MODE_ENABLE_MASK) != 0))

{

#if LEGACY_PD_PARALLEL_OPER

/* Toggle VBUS only if we came here after disabling PD mode. */

if (!((cport == TYPEC_PORT_0_IDX) && (dpm_get_info(cport)->pd_disabled == false)))

#endif /* LEGACY_PD_PARALLEL_OPER */

{

psrc_disable(cport, NULL);

vbus_discharge_on(cport);

timer_start(cport, APP_BC_GENERIC_TIMER1, APP_BC_VBUS_CYCLE_TIMER_PERIOD, bc_tmr_cbk);

}

#if LEGACY_PD_PARALLEL_OPER

/* We came here after TYPE-C attach. Configure VDP_SRC detect comparator. */

else

{

bc_set_bc_evt (cport, BC_EVT_TIMEOUT2);

}

#endif /* LEGACY_PD_PARALLEL_OPER */

}

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Nick,

The SDK on website can not support to Apple Mode and BC1.2 series at same time. Please kindly check BC1.2 series and Apple Charging at separated image. This is the limitation of this SDK version. Our Next version will fix this. Appreciate so much for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

8 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Nick,

1. From your description, it seems the 2.4A Apple mode have been show up when the Type-C port is idle? From my experience, the 2.4A Apple mode will never fake up based on the firmware released on website.

2. For your description, VBUS is down for nearly 200ms. Do you meant the VBUS is 5V assert and then go to 0V? It is helpful if you could upload VBUS, D+, and D- waveform in this thread to let us understand in details.

3. I could like to recommend you wait for our next revision of SDK firmware, so that the Apple Charging (source) and BC1.2 can be working at same time.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

Hi lisz,

1. I didn't see APPLE2.4A actived, I just set the mask in EZ-PD ConfigurationUtility. please look at the picture.

pic1.png

2.  this is VBUS's pic,

vbus.jpg

and this is D+'s waveform

D+.jpg

D- keep in 0V

3. When will the next SDK release? and when will ccg3pa add huawei's protocol: FCP/SCP ?

Thank you !

Anonymous
Not applicable

The current method of Cypress to switch from BC1.2 to Apple in Legacy mode is to cycle the VBUS power.
It isn't working for me either.

0 Likes

Hi Richard,

You can see APPLE2.4A actived? but lisz said: "2.4A Apple mode will never fake up "

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The issue is that the Apple will not see the mode until the power cycle.

Cypress is working on a way to not have to do that but this is why you see the VBUS cycle off and then on.

I an sure there is a way to set this up properly, I am still searching though.

0 Likes

Hi Nick,

The SDK on website can not support to Apple Mode and BC1.2 series at same time. Please kindly check BC1.2 series and Apple Charging at separated image. This is the limitation of this SDK version. Our Next version will fix this. Appreciate so much for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Lisa

Hi lisz,

thanks, And , when will ccg3pa add huawei's protocol: FCP/SCP ?

0 Likes

Hi Nick,

CCG3PA do not have plan to add HUAWEI FCP/SCP in the firmware in future. But the firmware is released on websites, you can add it by yourself.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes