Problem communication I2C with CCG3

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello ,

I'm having a issue with the communication between my CCG3 (CY4531 : daughter card is CYPD3125) and the software EZ-PD Utility.

This morning i was able to build my CYPD3125_notebook from PSOC Creator and transfer the .cyapd into my CCG3 by using EZPD Configuration Utility , but since I disconnect the cable from my PC , i can't update the new firmware in EZ PD Configuration Utility .

My PC find the USB device connected in the device manager of windows , and the 2 Greens LED works and the Orange one is blinking, i tried to refresh , turn off my computer and my CYPD4531. I can't understand why i can't update the firmwares into my CCG3 .

The error shown in EZ PD Configuration utility is "Failed to communicate with CCGx device over I2C".

Best Regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

What changes did you make in the PSoC project before generating the .cyacd file?

I suggest you to use the default binaries in the CCGx SDK to program the CCG. You may not be able to update the firmware using EZ-PD configuration utility, but you can still program the frimware hex into the device using Miniprog and PSoC creator. Please try and let us know if you see any problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

What changes did you make in the PSoC project before generating the .cyacd file?

I suggest you to use the default binaries in the CCGx SDK to program the CCG. You may not be able to update the firmware using EZ-PD configuration utility, but you can still program the frimware hex into the device using Miniprog and PSoC creator. Please try and let us know if you see any problem.

0 Likes