Need to integrate a small circuit in CY6611 EZ-USB HX3PD Evaluation board

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
kaursugr_485495
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hi Everyone,

I want to customize CY6611 EZ-USB HX3PD Evaluation board. In addition to USB hub, I want to integrate a small circuit that can be used to operate dynamixel servo. Is it possible to do that ? If yes, can you give some important points that need to be considered for doing the same.

Thanks

Sugreev

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Sugreev,

Yes, you could directly connect the DP/DM lines from HX3PD DS6 to your FT232HL device and use PWREN6, OVCUR6 pins if you want to control the power switch as per your block diagram.

Yes, we can set the port as non-removable in the hub configuration. Please attach your latest .xml file and we will modify the required settings and provide it.

Best Regards,
Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Sananya_14

Hi Sugreev,

Could you please provide a system level block diagram for your application? It's possible to change the HX3PD PD, DMC configuration or firmware and download it using the HX3PD Configuration Utility. Alternatively, you could use SWD programming and PSoC Programmer to download the DMC or PD controller firmware. Please refer to the EVK User Guide for more details.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes
kaursugr_485495
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Sananya,

I am enclosing Block Diagram of what we are trying to do. Can you please help me with the following queries:

1. For the circuit design, I am following the schematic provided for CY6611. Is it correct to eliminate USB-A connecter on this schematic and directly connect D+ and D- of DS6 Port of HX3PD to D+ and D- of FT232HL?
  2. According to the  EZ USB_HX3PD_Configuration_Utility_User_Guide, the configuration needs to be done by Cypress technical support. Please let me know how to proceed with that.

Thanks

Sugreev

0 Likes
kaursugr_485495
Level 2
Level 2

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I want to use non-removable DS6 port.

0 Likes
Sananya_14

Hi Sugreev,

Yes, you could directly connect the DP/DM lines from HX3PD DS6 to your FT232HL device and use PWREN6, OVCUR6 pins if you want to control the power switch as per your block diagram.

Yes, we can set the port as non-removable in the hub configuration. Please attach your latest .xml file and we will modify the required settings and provide it.

Best Regards,
Sananya

0 Likes