Mapping of pins to UART on CY4532 EVK

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoLo_4180566
Level 2
Level 2

I have tried to find some available pins to map to a UART (or I2C) on the CY4532 EVK. Unless, I'm missing something, there don't seem to be any good candidates when using the EVK. One possibility that I did explore was using pins 5,6 (DP1, DM1)for tx/rx which worked as a UART but it created problems with USB C PD operation using the Power SDK. I am not using the USB A port so I tied into TP13 and TP14.

If anyone has done this successfully, please share what you did.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
RajathB_01
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi,

If you are not using the Type-A port, you can use DP1/DM1 for UART. But when you do this, please ensure you have disabled Type-A port in the firmware; additionally, if you do not need battery charging protocols, you can disable the corresponding macro as well

@file stack_params.h

#define CCG_TYPE_A_PORT_ENABLE                  (0u)

#define  BATTERY_CHARGING_ENABLE               (0u)

Regards,

Rajath

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
RajathB_01
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi,

If you are not using the Type-A port, you can use DP1/DM1 for UART. But when you do this, please ensure you have disabled Type-A port in the firmware; additionally, if you do not need battery charging protocols, you can disable the corresponding macro as well

@file stack_params.h

#define CCG_TYPE_A_PORT_ENABLE                  (0u)

#define  BATTERY_CHARGING_ENABLE               (0u)

Regards,

Rajath

0 Likes

Thanks. One of the issues that I had was starving the main loop with serial communication which caused the malfunction. I did change the code per you recommendation to ensure that I don't have other issues.

0 Likes