Feature suggestion for CY4500 EZ-PD Protocol Analyzer Utility: export CC1, CC2, VBUS, AMP to text

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mrg
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked First like given

CY4500 EZ-PD Protocol Analyzer Utility feature request:

summary:  please add option to save GraphData in a comma delimited text file format.

Consider adding an option to log all samples of CC1, CC2, VBUS, AMP made during a recording to a "csv" format file.  I can see the current samples of CC1, CC2, VBUS, AMP are displayed in upper right corner while recording and are shown in a graph after the recording ends.   I would like to have the graphed values added to the exported "csv" log. Or perhaps a separate log file.

I want to analyze the all sampled CC1, CC2, VBUS, AMP values in addition to and along-side USB Packet Message events.

1. Add Export option to save GraphData in .csv format.
  2. Show values of AMP in the USB Packet Message window.
  3. Add filter option to the USB Packet Message window to include/exclude data samples without a message event (in other words: an option to include/exclude the periodic samples of CC1, CC2, VBUS, AMP not interpreted as a message event).  

I am currently using CY4500 EZ-PD Protocol Analyzer Utility 3.1.0 Build 31. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pranava_YN
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion regarding the features to be added to EZ-PD Protocol Analyzer Utility. The same is passed on to our Software team, they will consider it for the future revision.

Regarding .ccgx3 files, the note that says it can be opened in XML editors. This will be rectified in future releases. These files can only be opened using the Analyzer Utility.

Best regards,
Pranava

View solution in original post

2 Replies