FX3 with type-C connector

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

Is there some sample schematic FX3 with type-C connector?

I would like to use USB3.1 gen1 with FX3.

With Best Regards.

-- toshi//

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please find the attached zip file which demonstrate how to add Type C connectivity to FX3 (without PD). This design can be used to :

1) To take advantage of the reversible interface of Type-C with minimal hardware changes.

2) To tap into the 15W power (5V, 3A) that is available through an implicit contract, without the use of a PD-Controller.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have same question, and need the answer.

Best regards 

zhijian

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please find the attached zip file which demonstrate how to add Type C connectivity to FX3 (without PD). This design can be used to :

1) To take advantage of the reversible interface of Type-C with minimal hardware changes.

2) To tap into the 15W power (5V, 3A) that is available through an implicit contract, without the use of a PD-Controller.

0 Likes

How stable will the Voltage be on this solution?

Does the Configuration Channels go to GPIO's on the FX3?

0 Likes
GeVa_264731
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

It appears that mux pins 13 and 12 are swapped, and also pins 15 and 14 are swapped on the schematic. It shows negative going to positive on these pairs.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The polarity is detected automatically during SS Link training, no additional FW effort is required.  

http://www.cypress.com/knowledge-base-article/swapping-polarity-usb-30-differential-pairs-kba86900

0 Likes
GeVa_264731
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

I have it working now if my device is powered on with the USB cable connected. If I power on with the cable disconnected and I plug the cable in later, the mux check is not done.

How can I force it to recheck when the usb power is detected?

0 Likes