EZ-PD Configuration Utility with CY4532

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoLo_4180566
Level 2
Level 2

I have a new CY4532 evaluation kit with the Power Adapter firmware in it. I would like to change the configuration of the CCG3PA on the main board. When I load the configuration using the EZ-PD Configuration Utility, the device info indicates that it is the CYPD4126 which is on the power board. The documentation is not clear as to whether the configuration table being changed is in the Power Board or is passed on to the Main Board over the CC lines. Any clarification would be appreciated. I want to add some additional PDOs and have not had much luck.

0 Likes
1 Solution
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi,

You should look into Chapter 4.1 of EZ-PD CCG3PA EVK Guide. When you set the jumper correctly and power the board, CCG3PA will show up below the NOTEBOOK which is CCG4. Then you can modify the configuration of CCG3PA.

pastedImage_0.png

That's because your PC is connected to CCG4 first then CCG4 negotiate with CCG3PA through CC.

pastedImage_1.png

Regards,
Eddie

View solution in original post

2 Replies
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi,

You should look into Chapter 4.1 of EZ-PD CCG3PA EVK Guide. When you set the jumper correctly and power the board, CCG3PA will show up below the NOTEBOOK which is CCG4. Then you can modify the configuration of CCG3PA.

pastedImage_0.png

That's because your PC is connected to CCG4 first then CCG4 negotiate with CCG3PA through CC.

pastedImage_1.png

Regards,
Eddie

Thanks. It wasn't clear that it was also the method of configuration since all the descriptions were geared toward "firmware" and "programming" and wasn't explicit about configuration too.

0 Likes