EZ-PD CCGx Host SDK compile error

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WonjinHan
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor
50 questions asked 100 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Dears.

Now I am trying to understand the type of standalone cypress USB PD Host Controller like CCG3 firmware software.

So I compile the sample firmware code project supporting from EZ-PD CCGx Host SDK with CY4531 EZ-PD CCG3 Evaluation Kit namely CYPD3125-40LQXI_notebook software project.

My version of PSOC creator is 4.2 and  EZ-PD CCGx Host SDK is 3.3.1 which I currently use.

When compiling it, I got the following error.

"Post-Build Script failed: could not locate cyelftool.exe"

The command '.\post_build.bat' failed with exit code '9009'.

CCG3_Compile_Error_190831-01.jpg

I tried to find the execute file of "cyelftool.exe" in all related directories, unfortunately I couldn't find it out.

My Questions are :

1. Do I should install additional prerequsite software to get through it  ?

2. Could you tell me your opinion if you know what happened inside of it ?

Thank you and regards,

Kevin(Wonjin) Han.

0 Likes
1 Solution
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi,

Please refer to Chapter 3.1 of CCGx_Host_SDK_UserGuide:

Many of the reference projects in the CCGx Host SDK make use of a post build script which combines code from multiple projects into a single binary. These scripts make use of the CyElfTool.exe application which is part of the PSoC Creator installation. To enable the projects to locate the executable and run successfully, the path where PSoC Creator has been installed needs to be added to the PATH environment variable in the system.

The following Figure shows the PATH variable updated to add the standard install path for PSoC Creator 4.2. If you have installed PSoC Creator at a different location, please use the appropriate path.

pastedImage_0.png

Regards,
Eddie

View solution in original post

2 Replies
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi,

Please refer to Chapter 3.1 of CCGx_Host_SDK_UserGuide:

Many of the reference projects in the CCGx Host SDK make use of a post build script which combines code from multiple projects into a single binary. These scripts make use of the CyElfTool.exe application which is part of the PSoC Creator installation. To enable the projects to locate the executable and run successfully, the path where PSoC Creator has been installed needs to be added to the PATH environment variable in the system.

The following Figure shows the PATH variable updated to add the standard install path for PSoC Creator 4.2. If you have installed PSoC Creator at a different location, please use the appropriate path.

pastedImage_0.png

Regards,
Eddie

WonjinHan
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor
50 questions asked 100 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Hello Eddie.

Thank you for your comment.

My compiling process works well according to your description.

Best regards,

Wonjin Han

0 Likes