Connecting eDP to CCG3 IC

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PimajeXenja
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hello, I am the owner of a small tech startup. My engineer had a question about connecting the Displayport/eDisplayport connections to the Cypress CCG3 CYPD3120 IC. He wants to know where we can find any reference guides for the connections, as the only thing he has seen, according to him, is a block diagram. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

- Jean-Pierre Key

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Jean-Pierre,

Please refer to the CCG3 DP Dongle solution, the complete hardware files can be downloaded from the link. CCG3 is configured as a DisplayPort sink i.e has a UFP and sink PD role in the solution and you could refer to the firmware for this from the EZ-PD SDK v3.0.2.

Best Regards,
Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Jean-Pierre,

Please refer to the CCG3 DP Dongle solution, the complete hardware files can be downloaded from the link. CCG3 is configured as a DisplayPort sink i.e has a UFP and sink PD role in the solution and you could refer to the firmware for this from the EZ-PD SDK v3.0.2.

Best Regards,
Sananya

0 Likes