Configuring CCG3PA to respond with NAK for VDMs(DiscID, DiscSVID....)

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PrRe_3492461
Level 4
Level 4
First like received 50 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Hello All / RajathB_01,

I've to configure ccg3pa to respond with NAKs for DiscID packets initiated by the DUT.

Is it possible to do in Ez-PD configuration utility or Do we need to tweak the ccg3pa SrcCode ?

If so can anyone help me with the steps to respond with NAK for VDM packets .

Thanks in Advance!

Regards,

Pranay.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Pranay,

Please edit the SVID Configuration option which is used by the device to respond to VDMs. If there are no SVIDs in your configuration, device should respond with a NAK to Discover SVIDs packet.

However, as mentioned, there will be an ACK by default to Discover Identity packet since it will report the support for structured VDMs. To change this, we need to modify the source code. Please let us know your complete application and your requirement for NAKs before we look into the code.

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Pranay,

You can configure the CCGx devices to respond with NAK to Discover Identity messages through the EZ-PD Configuration utility.

However, please note that there will be SVID0 present by default which is used to flash the firmware onto the CCG3PA over CC lines and should not be removed.

Could you let us know why you would like to see a NAK to the VDM packets?

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes

Hi SananyaM_56​,

Sorry for the late response.

We've a requirement here to respond with NAK for VDMs.

I've already gone through the configuration utility earlier before raising a query, I didn't found anything related.

pastedImage_1.png

In attached screenshot, can I know in which Label will I be able to find the respective configuration for responding with NAK to DiscID .

Thanks & Regards,

Pranay.

0 Likes

Hi Pranay,

Please edit the SVID Configuration option which is used by the device to respond to VDMs. If there are no SVIDs in your configuration, device should respond with a NAK to Discover SVIDs packet.

However, as mentioned, there will be an ACK by default to Discover Identity packet since it will report the support for structured VDMs. To change this, we need to modify the source code. Please let us know your complete application and your requirement for NAKs before we look into the code.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes