Configuration of CYPD3120 used in Type-C to DisplayPort

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnPo_1242621
Level 1
Level 1
First like given Welcome!

non-working.jpg

Hi,

I'm working on board bring-up of the type-c USB 3.0 hub with HDMI display output.

We have used CYPD3120 as Type-C port controller along with PS186 chip from parade for DP to HDMI conversion.

The main difference from the EZ-PD CCG3 reference design is the use of Multi-Fuction Display Port in order to provide 2 separate SS lines for USB hub data and 2 SS line for DP alternate mode. At this moment I have both PS186 and CYPD3120 configuration and programmed but no video out is present on HDMI out.

From AZ-PD analyzer I see that the DP initialization goes well untill SL#33 (see file attached) when the Status packet indicates "Neither DFP_D nor UFP_D is connected".

Is there a chance to get some to get some feedback/help on this error?

Thanks,
Andrew

0 Likes
1 Solution

Lisa,

I finally managed to provide HDMI out by using custom converted to change Type-C receptacle to plug.

I realized I've made mistake using CYPD3120 in my design. I should use CYPD3125 instead.  Is it possible by reprogramming  CYPD3120 to modify it to  CYPD3125?

With small HW mods I could fix the current design.

Thanks,
Andrew

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies