CYPD5225 programming

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
td83
Level 1
Level 1
10 questions asked 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hello

I am designing a board with a CYPD5225.

Question1: Do I need to "program" the device CYPD5225 in the manufacturing process before the first power-on

Question2: Is it possible do buy the device already programmed ?

Question3: Do I need the pin "XRES" (reset) on a connector for programming the device ?

Question 4: How many times is it possible to program the device CYPD5225 ?

Question 5: I was not able to fond the default setting of the different pin (when the pin has multi-function), can you send me the default setting ?

Question 6: When a I2C bus of the CYPD5225 is not used, do i have to add external pull-up on I2C lines or is it possible to leave the I2C pin left floating ?

Best Regards,

TD83

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi ,

Kindly refer my comments as below:

On our board, we have no EC (Embedded Controller):

Question1: is it possible to use the pin SWD_IO/SWD_DATA to program the device CYPD5225 ?

>> It is fine to use use the pin SWD_IO/SWD_DATA to program the device CYPD5225. EC is only effecting I2C bootloadering.

Question2: what do i need to program the device CYPD5225 ?

>> Kindly refer the KBA:https://community.cypress.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Methods-to-Upgrade-Firmware-on-CCG3-Devices...  This is for CCG3, but #1 and #2 is also suit for CCG5. #3 of USB bootloading is only for CCG3.

Using SWD lines along with the PSoC Programmer software and MiniProg3 device (click here to purchase) for any application in general.

Question3: do i need to route a particular I2C bus to a connector to be able to program the CYPD5225 device ?

>> If you just need SWD programming, you can let them floating.

Question4: what is the ref of the board and the software to program the CYPD5225 device.

>> Refer answer of #2 above.

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi ,

Kindly refer my comments as below:

On our board, we have no EC (Embedded Controller):

Question1: is it possible to use the pin SWD_IO/SWD_DATA to program the device CYPD5225 ?

>> It is fine to use use the pin SWD_IO/SWD_DATA to program the device CYPD5225. EC is only effecting I2C bootloadering.

Question2: what do i need to program the device CYPD5225 ?

>> Kindly refer the KBA:https://community.cypress.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Methods-to-Upgrade-Firmware-on-CCG3-Devices...  This is for CCG3, but #1 and #2 is also suit for CCG5. #3 of USB bootloading is only for CCG3.

Using SWD lines along with the PSoC Programmer software and MiniProg3 device (click here to purchase) for any application in general.

Question3: do i need to route a particular I2C bus to a connector to be able to program the CYPD5225 device ?

>> If you just need SWD programming, you can let them floating.

Question4: what is the ref of the board and the software to program the CYPD5225 device.

>> Refer answer of #2 above.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes