CYPD5225 configuration

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
td83
Level 1
Level 1
10 questions asked 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hello,

I am looking for the tool to configure the device CYPD5225.

I have downloaded the software PSoC Creator 4.4, but i was not able to find the component CYPD5225 in this tool !

What is the tool to configure the registers on the CYPD5225 ?

What is the tool to generate the HEX file mention in the document "CCGx (CYPDxxxx) Programming Specifications" Document Number: 002-22328 Rev. *G ?

I have the tool to download the HEX file to the CYPD5225 device but not the tool to generate the HEX file.

Thank you for help,

Best regards,

td83

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hello td83,

1. You can select read from firmware file to get configurations of the binaries, and then review/change the configurations via Ez-PD configuration Utility. But, you need a .hex or .cyacd file which is matching the hardware design you are working on. 

2. You could get .hex/.cyacd from the folder if you have been installed any SDK or Kit from www.cypress.com

For example, CCG5 hex files:

...(installed path)\Cypress\EZ-PD CCGx Host SDK\CCGx\Firmware\binaries

ShifangZ_26_0-1623803627355.png

3. If your hardware design is not match our reference design/Applications hardware on Datasheet, you have to generated .hex/.cyacd files by PSoC Creator based on example codes have been offered in SDK. And Ez-PD configuration Utility will generated .c file for your project and then you could replace config.c in PSoC Creator directly.

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ShifangZ_26

Hello ,

You need download the SDK of CCGx Host, download link: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-pd-host-software-development-kit 

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

Hello Lisa,

Thank you for help.

With the software "ED-PD Configuration Utility" i have found the CYPD5225 device.

I tried to configured the device, but the generated format files differs from the format needed the the "PSoC Programmer" tool.

The software "EZ-PD Configuration Utility" does not support the "Miniprog3" !

With the software "EZ-PD Configuration Utility" i tried to save my configuration into a .hex format file with the menu File ==> Save to Firmware File.

But the tool asks to "READ" a ".hex" file and does not "WRITE" a ".hex" file !

How can i "convert" into a ".hex" format a configuration file generated with the tool "ED-PD Configuration Utility" ?

Thank you for help,

Best Regards,

td83

0 Likes
ShifangZ_26

Hello td83,

1. You can select read from firmware file to get configurations of the binaries, and then review/change the configurations via Ez-PD configuration Utility. But, you need a .hex or .cyacd file which is matching the hardware design you are working on. 

2. You could get .hex/.cyacd from the folder if you have been installed any SDK or Kit from www.cypress.com

For example, CCG5 hex files:

...(installed path)\Cypress\EZ-PD CCGx Host SDK\CCGx\Firmware\binaries

ShifangZ_26_0-1623803627355.png

3. If your hardware design is not match our reference design/Applications hardware on Datasheet, you have to generated .hex/.cyacd files by PSoC Creator based on example codes have been offered in SDK. And Ez-PD configuration Utility will generated .c file for your project and then you could replace config.c in PSoC Creator directly.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes