CYPD5126: At which pins do I have to connect SWD_CLK and SWD_IO

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
apfel
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hello to all.
We are in the process of developing a new system, the first one with USB-C. As we want to use DP as alternate mode as well we decided to use the CYPD5126 because it's a newer chip which includes much of the external components needed by earlier iterations. However, we will probably need to modify the Firmware to support the DP/USB3.0 muxer TUSB1046AI from TI. But I couldn't find any information on where to connect the SWD interface pins to the CYPD5126 to be able to flash and debug the modified FW. Anybody knows the solution for this?

Thanks a lot!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

The SWD pins from CCG5C (Pin 2 and 6) can be connected to MiniProg4 and you can use the noboot project from the Host SDK to debug the firmware using PSoC Creator. Please refer to the solution.c file in the project for adding the DP/USB 3.0 MUX custom settings.

Best Regards,
Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

The SWD pins from CCG5C (Pin 2 and 6) can be connected to MiniProg4 and you can use the noboot project from the Host SDK to debug the firmware using PSoC Creator. Please refer to the solution.c file in the project for adding the DP/USB 3.0 MUX custom settings.

Best Regards,
Sananya

0 Likes
apfel
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Ahhhrg, I'm an idiot, the pin descriptions were in plain view! Thank you very much.

Oh dear, I definitely need some new glasses!

0 Likes