CYPD3175 with UFP DisplayPort

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JeGr_4019896
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

I am trying to use CCG3PA (CYPD3175) with DisplayPort functionality. I have modified the profile in EZ-PD Configuration Utility to have the CYPD3175 to be a power source and a data role swap occurs so that the data port is UFP.

I then offer the SVID of 0xFF01 for DisplayPort. The sink will then sent an Enter Mode Request and the source will reply with a NAK. What modifications to the FW do I need to make in order to send an ACK instead?

0 Likes
2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi,

The configuration of DP pin assignment supported by CCG3PA is not supported by your DisplayPort source. You'll need to modify the releating part in CCGx Power SDK example project. Please refer to the attached firmware which I have enabled DP alternate mode DFP support in CYPD3171.

Regards,

Eddie

0 Likes

Hi Eddie,

I am attempting to use CYPD3175 with DP alternate mode UFP enabled. Is this mode supported with the correct firmware modifications?

If so, please help me to understand how to achieve this.

As you can see in the image, the DFP sends an enter mode request that is followed with a NAK by the CYPD3175. Capture.PNG

0 Likes