CY4533 EZ-PD BCR Evaluation Kit 800 Hz Sawtooth Wave

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JeHi_4734781
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am using the CY4533 EZ-PD BCR Evaluation Kit for a work project exploring the use of USB C power in place of more common power supplies. While using the CY4533 (set to 5V), I measured the power output and noticed a sawtooth wave with a frequency of around 800 Hz. I am trying to identify the cause of that specific wave, which is too slow to be caused by the switching frequency of the USB C power supply that I am using to power the CY4533 kit. Is this 800 Hz sawtooth wave a product of the CY4533 EZ-PD BCR Evaluation Kit or is it coming from somewhere else? If it is not coming from the CY4533, where could it be coming from? Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

I have been doing some more research on USB-C and I was able to take a USB-C cable, cut it in half, and use a pull-up resistor to allow power output through the cable even though it wasn't connected to a load (CY4533 kit). With that cable that was only connected to my power supply, I measured the voltage output and saw the same waveform, which leads me to believe that it is in fact my power supply giving of the waveform that I described earlier. Thank you for your responses, and I think that I have the answer I need.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies