CY4500 protocol analyzer not able to update the firmware

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
yuhu_3294221
Level 1
Level 1

Currently I am using this version:

EZ-PD Protocol Analyzer Utility Windows

English

100.84 MB

10/09/2020

CY4500 EZ-PD Protocol Analyzer EXE

English

30.09 MB

10/27/2016

And for the driver , I use Windows inbox driver because cannot find the driver in the software folder.

But when I try to update the firmware then has issue.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pranava_YN
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

The Driver installer will be available in the following path,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\CY4500 EZ-PD Protocol Analyzer\1.0\EZ-PD Analyzer Utility

Please find a similar thread CY4500: Device detected in EZ-PD but can't update firmware  for the reference.

Best regards,

Pranava

Best regards,
Pranava

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Pranava_YN
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

The Driver installer will be available in the following path,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\CY4500 EZ-PD Protocol Analyzer\1.0\EZ-PD Analyzer Utility

Please find a similar thread CY4500: Device detected in EZ-PD but can't update firmware  for the reference.

Best regards,

Pranava

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes

Hi ,

I also looked into the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\CY4500 EZ-PD Protocol Analyzer\1.0 ,

in the 1.0 folder, there was only one folder name "Updater". I tried several times and tried on other laptop still the same.

The analyzer was yellow bang in device manager.

Capture.PNG

Thanks

0 Likes

Hi,

Installing CY4500 EZ-PD Protocol Analyzer EXE from https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy4500-ez-pd-protocol-analyzer  should install the following folders.

pastedImage_1.png

Can you please try redownloading the installer and select Complete installation when prompted for type of installation?

Best regards,

Pranava

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes

Hi ,

I had retried with complete installation  on my laptop and other laptop , still only see the Updater folder.

Thanks

0 Likes

Hi ,

I got it. Thanks so much. Because I installed the utility first then the EXE file.

I have a question , what is the different between  :

Because I install both so cause the issue, if only install the EXE file then everything is fine.

Thanks

0 Likes

HI,

There is last issue ,

The EZ-PD analyzer utility not able to connect with the host.

0 Likes

Hi ,

I SLOVED THE ISSUE .

SO only  need to install the EXE file. 

What is the utility app used for ??

Thanks

0 Likes

Hi,

This installer installs all necessary drivers necessary for CY4500 kit. This also includes a Protocol Analyzer Utility with PD 2.0 decoding capabilities.

This is our new Protocol Analyzer Utility based on Java. This can also decode PD 3.0 packets. CY 4500 EZ-PD Protocol Analyzer EXE needs to be installed to get necessary drivers for the kit to work.

Best regards,

Pranava

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes