CCG6DF CCG6SF maximum Operating Ambient Temperature

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
MaBr_2028236
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted First like received First reply posted

Hello,

Is this an error in the CCG6DF and CCG6SF datasheet (table 5 and table 40)... Operating Ambient Temperature = -40C to +55C?

+55C seems very low!!

Refer to attached datasheet or following link.

https://www.cypress.com/file/500276/download

All other CCG families speficy an operating ambient temperature range of -40C to 85C for Industrial grade (I) and up to 105C for Extended Industrial grade (Q).

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Your understand is correct. 

CCG6DF/SF can guarantee the electrical specs only till that temperature. beyond 55C, the performance is not guaranteed. 

If your design have requirements on higher Operating Ambient Temperature, please kindly select the chip as per the requirements. 

Thank you for your understanding. 

Best Regards,
Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Your understand is correct. 

CCG6DF/SF can guarantee the electrical specs only till that temperature. beyond 55C, the performance is not guaranteed. 

If your design have requirements on higher Operating Ambient Temperature, please kindly select the chip as per the requirements. 

Thank you for your understanding. 

Best Regards,
Lisa
0 Likes
MaBr_2028236
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted First like received First reply posted

I will indeed look for another component. Thanks for your answer!

Since the maximum operating ambient temperature is indeed limited to 55C, may I suggest you to change the temperature grade of the part. It is most definitely not an Industrial grade part.

Thanks again,
Regards

0 Likes