CCG5 deep sleep mode

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jlam
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi, 

We are planning to use EZ-PD CCG5 dual port PD controller in our product but have some questions and concern related to power consumption of the IC. In order to reserve battery power, we plan to keep PD controller in deep sleep mode when it is not active. 

Questions I have are:

1) what resources are available during deep sleep mode?

2) What are the ways to wake up the controller from deep sleep mode?

Can you guide me to the specific document that contain more details on deep sleep mode?

Thanks,
Jeff

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hello Jeff,

Please kindly refer my comments as below:

>>Main regulator and most blocks are shut off. Deep Sleep regulator powers logic, but only low-frequency clock if available.

>>1) CC wake up; 2)I2C wake up.

Can you guide me to the specific document that contain more details on deep sleep mode?

>> Currently, we do not have specific docs for deep sleep, since we have released the firmware project on website directly. 

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-pd-software-development-kit 

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
ShifangZ_26

Hello Jeff,

Please kindly refer my comments as below:

>>Main regulator and most blocks are shut off. Deep Sleep regulator powers logic, but only low-frequency clock if available.

>>1) CC wake up; 2)I2C wake up.

>> Currently, we do not have specific docs for deep sleep, since we have released the firmware project on website directly. 

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-pd-software-development-kit 

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

Hi Lisa, 

Can a GPIO pin be used as an interrupt to wake up the MCU from deep sleep state? Would it be possible for us to wake up the MCU from deep sleep mode using a button? 

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Likes
jlam
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi, 

Would like to follow up on this question: 

Can a GPIO pin be used as an interrupt to wake up the MCU from deep sleep state? Would it be possible for us to wake up the MCU from deep sleep mode using a button? 

Example for the interrupt pins: I2C_INT_EC/GPIO, I2C_INT_TBT_P1/GPIO, I2C_INT_TBT_P2/GPIO

image (2).png

0 Likes
ShifangZ_26

Hello ,

If you are using CCGx host SDK TBT notebook example code, the answer is yes. If you are using other simple code for it, you have to add the wake up of GPIO into the wake up loop, and then, the device can be wake up by any GPIO you have been customized. 

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes