CCG3PA Unable to configure 100W PDO

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiMo_4023676
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First solution authored

Hello,

I'm developing on the CCG3PA (CYPD3171). I am finding that I'm unable to configure a PDO above 60W. For example, if I use the EZ-PD tool to set the PDO to 20V @5A, when I read the PDO offerings from the device I always see just 3A. It seems like something is limiting the total power available. Is there something else I need to configure besides the PDO itself in order to enable >60W operation?

Thanks in advance,

-m

0 Likes
1 Solution
MiMo_4023676
Level 2
Level 2

Figured it out. The problem is that the cable needs to be verified as being able to handle this much power. And I had the "cable discovery enable" parameter in the EZ-PD configuration set to NO. Setting this to YES, now the CCG3PA checks for cable identity (I have a 100W-capable cable), and now the PDO is advertised as 100W as expected.

best,

-m

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
MiMo_4023676
Level 2
Level 2

Figured it out. The problem is that the cable needs to be verified as being able to handle this much power. And I had the "cable discovery enable" parameter in the EZ-PD configuration set to NO. Setting this to YES, now the CCG3PA checks for cable identity (I have a 100W-capable cable), and now the PDO is advertised as 100W as expected.

best,

-m

0 Likes