CCG3PA Car Charger Reference Design using Southchip and CYPD3171-24LQXQ_cla

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
chch_3621411
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

Hello, and sorry in advance for bothering you, so i'm using CCG3PA Car Charger Reference Design using Southchip for a project and i found out that the pins in CYPD3171-24LQXQ_cla.cydwr and the schematic doesn't really match

pinSchematicin cypd317124lqxq_cla.cydwr
2/ceBUCK_BOOST_EN_C
7SWD_ioPWM_OUT_A
8SWD_CLKTYPE_A_VBUS_EN
9XRES
10INT
11VOUT
12SDABUCK_BOOST_EN_A
13SCL
14CC1
15CC2
16D-
17D+
19VSS_c
20FB

in the projected.cysch CC1 and CC2 are disabled in could i enable and choose pin 14 and 15 ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi ,

1. Yes. You are correct. The CYPD3171-24LQXQ_cla.cydwr pin assignment is not follow any other customized design, since it is follow CY4532 hardware schematic as Car Charger.

2. If you are begin to a new project which is not same as CY4532 DC/DC, you should remove concerned pins from the firmware at first and then add the pins as per your schematic. And then, write the C code to operation the pins.

3. The CC1 and CC2 is not need to assignment. The Green pin in the CYPD3171-24LQXQ_cla.cydwr cannot be assigned. Since those pins are fixed in the all CCGx project. It is follow CCGx device pin assignments.

4. You could refer below blog to learn remove the pins and add the pins. (This is not same design as your design, you can refer the Type-C port.)

CCG3PA Power Adapter/Car Charger (1C+1A) single chip solution firmware customize steps

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi ,

1. Yes. You are correct. The CYPD3171-24LQXQ_cla.cydwr pin assignment is not follow any other customized design, since it is follow CY4532 hardware schematic as Car Charger.

2. If you are begin to a new project which is not same as CY4532 DC/DC, you should remove concerned pins from the firmware at first and then add the pins as per your schematic. And then, write the C code to operation the pins.

3. The CC1 and CC2 is not need to assignment. The Green pin in the CYPD3171-24LQXQ_cla.cydwr cannot be assigned. Since those pins are fixed in the all CCGx project. It is follow CCGx device pin assignments.

4. You could refer below blog to learn remove the pins and add the pins. (This is not same design as your design, you can refer the Type-C port.)

CCG3PA Power Adapter/Car Charger (1C+1A) single chip solution firmware customize steps

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

Hello LisaZ_26​ thanks a lot this was so help full but i have couples question.
1) i don't have 'cc_src_boot' project ans cc_sink

2)when i disabled  PWM_A, BUCK_BOOST_EN_A, and TYPE_A_VBUS_EN

only gree pin lefted like in pictures is it okay ?

3) wha you mean with clear functions:(so i commented all it's content so it's remained as below is correct ?)

void type_a_enable_sdp(void);

static void type_a_enable_boost(void);

static void type_a_disable_boost(void);

void type_a_reg_switch_timer_cb(uint8_t instance, timer_id_t id);

void type_a_set_volt_timer_cbk(uint8_t port, timer_id_t id);

void type_a_set_voltage(uint16_t volt_mV);

4) in what file should i add this  ? b. Use GPIO for Type-A VBUS current sense and as the car charger won't have USB type A, why do i need this code for ?

5)in what file should i add this? c. Add state machine for Type-A and Type-C power source capabilities.

0 Likes

Hi ,

Kindly refer below comments:

1) i don't have 'cc_src_boot' project ans cc_sink

>> You could copy them from

cc_sink_boot :: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-PD CCGx Power SDK\CCGx\Firmware\projects\CYPD3171-24LQXQ_pb\CYPD3171-24LQXQ_pb.cydsn\cc_sink_boot.cydsn

cc_src_boot:: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-PD CCGx Power SDK\CCGx\Firmware\projects\CYPD3175-24LQXQ_pa_direct_fb\CYPD3175-24LQXQ_pa_direct_fb.cydsn\cc_src_boot.cydsn

2)when i disabled  PWM_A, BUCK_BOOST_EN_A, and TYPE_A_VBUS_EN

only gree pin lefted like in pictures is it okay ?

>> It is fine. If you have chance to open the project I have shared on the link: CCG3PA Power Adapter/Car Charger (1C+1A) single chip solution firmware customize steps , you found there are only green pins left in the .cysch.

3) wha you mean with clear functions:(so i commented all it's content so it's remained as below is correct ?)

void type_a_enable_sdp(void);

static void type_a_enable_boost(void);

static void type_a_disable_boost(void);

void type_a_reg_switch_timer_cb(uint8_t instance, timer_id_t id);

void type_a_set_volt_timer_cbk(uint8_t port, timer_id_t id);

void type_a_set_voltage(uint16_t volt_mV);

>> It is depends on you. Clean or keep it. If you will use Type-A function, keep it and then add your contents into those functions.

4) in what file should i add this  ? b. Use GPIO for Type-A VBUS current sense and as the car charger won't have USB type A, why do i need this code for ?

>>  You do not need this. You can see my previous response.

pastedImage_2.png

5)in what file should i add this? c. Add state machine for Type-A and Type-C power source capabilities.

>> If there is no Type-A support, you do not need this.

Best Regards,

Lisa

chch_3621411
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

Hello community  Can i have litle hint please.?

0 Likes