Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HaG_2273236
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First like given

Hello All,

We want to update CCG3PA firmware using CC line. From Reference design, we are seeing CCG4 being used. Can we replace CCG4 with CCG3??

Regards,

Harshavardhan.

0 Likes
1 Solution
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi Prasanna,

We followed the setup as per the (Doc : 002-16951) Power board(CYPD4532) is connected to host PC(J12) and Type-C(J13) port of Power board is connected to Type-C(J10) port of main board using Type-C cable.

EZ-PD Configuration Utility is used to detect the device and update the application FW of CYPD4532 (main board) EVK. By CC line capture Unstructured VDM messages are being used by the CYPD4532(Power board) to update the main board FW.

Finally, CYPD4126(Programmer) is used to update the application FW of CCG3PA(Target) over Type-C

Am I right ? can you confirm?

=> Your understanding is basically correct except you missed USB Serial part.

-> In power board CYPD4126 is used as PD-controller, Instead of CYPD4126 can I use CCG3PA as a programmer for my target CCG3PA application FW update ?

=> No. As you can see, CY4532 mother board has a USB Serial part (CY7C65211) connected to CCG4 through I2C, this part enables downloading the firmware on to CCG3PA device through the USB Micro-B port . We have dedicated firmware developed for CCG4 to do this, but CCG3 and CCG3PA do not have. So it is not applicable to replace CCG4 here with CCG3 or CCG3PA.

can you help us in performing above things. give info about how the .hex file is being used by the CYPD4126 for CCG3PA FW update or any conversion is being done in EZ-PD configuration utility, Is it possible to get the source code for the EZ-PD Configuration Utility.

=> It is not open for public.  If you want to develop custom software, please contact Cypress sales.

Regards,

Eddie

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies