CCG2 Paddle Card Design using CY4502 and EZ-PD Configuration Utility

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DoSt_4554471
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

I am trying to implement the CCG2 Paddle Card Reference Design using the CY4502 and CY4501 development kits. The reference design and files I am using are from here: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/reference-designs/ez-pd-ccg2-electronically-marked-cable-assem...

I followed the directions for Batch Programming of EMCA Cables in the EZ-PD Configuration Utility User Manual (section 3.2.2), but when I try to program the CY4502 board the 'Start' button is always greyed out (screen shot below). I am using v1.2 build 287 of the EZ-PD Config Utility. I programmed the CY4504 Host board with the FlashUtil in the EZ-PD Config Utility Firmware folder.

How can I get the 'Start' button to be active?

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Update: I re-flashed the CY4502 with the 1.0.3.898 FW and then things started working. Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi ,

Could you please make sure bcdDevice" option is set as enable?

The "Update bcdDevice" option is used to specify that the bcdDevice field in the Product VDO should be incremented for each device programmed.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Lisa,

I tried that but it didn't help: Start is still grayed out:

pastedImage_0.png

Could it be a FW issue? The screenshot above looks a little different from the one in the User Manual (Figure 62, pg. 52):

pastedImage_1.png

I don't have those 'EMCA-SOP*' options.

Attached are the FW images I'm using.

0 Likes

Update: I re-flashed the CY4502 with the 1.0.3.898 FW and then things started working. Thanks.

0 Likes