CCG 5 with thunderbolt

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
rex123
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi ,

I want to create a thunderbolt hub and TB hub extender with CCG 5 controller. The picture shows the power path which I want to design. Is it have any similar development kit or product came out?

rex123_0-1613588092722.png

Best,

Rex

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Rex,

Please refer to Figure 10 in the CCG5 datasheet for dock based design, my understanding is that you're looking for a similar design path. For a similar reference designs, you could refer to the Tahini Creek or Apex Creek schematics which can be requested from the Intel Thunderbolt page.

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Sananya_14

Hi Rex,

We have no development kit for CCG5, please refer to the CCG5 based thunderbolt designs from the Type-C Thunderbolt design page.

Best Regards,
Sananya

0 Likes

Hi Sananya,

I can not down load any of the schematic.  But for this design path, do you think is possible? And can you provide me any relate circuit schematic? Thank you.

Best,

Rex 

0 Likes
Sananya_14

Hi Rex,

Please refer to Figure 10 in the CCG5 datasheet for dock based design, my understanding is that you're looking for a similar design path. For a similar reference designs, you could refer to the Tahini Creek or Apex Creek schematics which can be requested from the Intel Thunderbolt page.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes